Founder, Owner and Director of Base Architecture PTY LTD
Coming from a strong background of design, team leading and project delivery, Shawn’s skills have seen him become invaluable in his role as owner and Director of Base Architecture. Shawn’s past experience has seen him deliver some of Brisbane’s highest profile residential projects including Cutters Landing in New Farm and Ephraim Island on the Gold Coast Broadwater. Projects of this scale require intense co-ordination of design, documentation and on-site construction advice. Complimentary to his management skills Shawn has been involved in the concept development of a number of large scale projects, such as the Boral site at Newstead. Projects such as these have required community consultation in developing positive outcomes that have local and broader community support. Now as owner and director of Base Architecture, Shawn has been involved with an extensive range of projects cutting across various industries including health, hospitality, commercial, residential, interiors and retail. His skill and eye for detail have allowed him and Base to pick up numerous RAIA awards for projects including so+gi, Farm, Holy Spirit, Wickham apartment, Storrs, Iceworks bar and restaurant, She Oak, Kauri, Warran, Flinders and Stonehawke which picked up the 2010 Brisbane region House of the Year.
- Founder, Owner and Director of BASE Architecture Pty. Ltd.
- B.Arch, B.BE (Architectural Studies), Assoc Dip (Civil/structural Engineering)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Architects No.22475
- Registered Architect in Queensland No. 3477
- Member of the Sustainable housing commitee, a Queensland Government initiative
- Member of the Universal Housing Designs Forum
- Institute of Architects Practice committee Chair
- Institute of Architects Chapter councilor
- Institute of Architects Queensland National practice Committee representative
Shawn is also a member representing the RAIA on the steering committee for Sustainable House design throughout South East Queensland, an initiative of the Queensland Government towards developing sustainable housing guidelines. Here he has played an invaluable role through continued involvement and contribution, amounting in a Premiers award issued by Anna Bligh. Shawn’s constant involvement with the Institute of Architects sees him as Chair of the Practice Committee for the past 10 years as well as the Qld representative for the National Practice committee and Chapter council representative. Shawn now is honored as a fellow of the institute.